Your Suggestions For What I Should Sing For “The Voice” Audition
THANK YOU FOR YOUR ENCOURAGEMENT
I wanted to say thank you to all of our 98.1 Listeners for offering their support and song suggestions for my audition next week for The Voice. The first round auditions this year are virtual auditions, so they send out guidelines for what you need to do, to make sure your audio and computer are working before you have your dedicated time slot. There is a 1 minute 30 second time slot for me to introduce myself, where I'm from, and what I'll be performing. All that in 90 seconds. So you have to sing to impress. So do you just sing like you're at the Olympics? (Like try to sing high, low and hold some impressive long notes?) Or do you sing with feeling? I'm more of a 'feeling' singer.
That's why it was so nice to have lots of suggestions from you. This is a few of them. I'm still reading through the list. I just wanted you to know how much I appreciate your kind words and support. I sing because I love to sing and I understand the odds of this program; so I'm going to enjoy the experience and see where it takes me.
Suggestions from our listeners and some of my great friends:
- Janet & Lisa say: Make the first 16 notes count
- Lisa says: Own your age. Experience should count for something.
- They seem to want to hear your range...so sing something that shows them your range
- Michael says: Sing me a KT Oslin song, you would rock it, like take my breath away
- Karen says: Sing the thing that always makes you feel it. You're fabulous!
- Amy says: I've watched a lot of the show and in addition to the range and big note thing (definitely agree), I think it really gets attention and can be very cool if you take a song and do it in a completely different style. There was a contestant a few years back that did it really well - I think her audition was a pop song that she did as a slow and sort of melancholy version and it was stunning.
AND...THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUGGESTIONS
Your song suggestions:
- Sing "Seven Year Ache" by Roseanne Cash
- Connie says: Please audition with the song black velvet. You will steal the show if you sing that song. You will be fine! Good luck Kelly! I’m behind you all the way!
- Sing "Bones" by Maren Morris
- Sing "Summertime" by Nora Jones
- Sing "Girl Crush" by Little Big Town
- Sing "Girl Goin' Nowhere" by Ashley McBryde
- Sing "Die From A Broken Heart" by Maddie & Tae
- Sing "Ode To Billie Joe" by Bobby Gentry