Here’s What My Easter In Quarantine Will Look Like
This year Easter is going to be pretty tough because of COVID-19. We won't be getting together with family and enjoying a big meal as one. Instead, this holiday is going to look a lot different than we're used to and I'll be trying a lot of firsts.
- I'm going to wake up early and make a ham...for the first time in my life. If I said I wasn't intimidated, I'd be lying. There's a lot of pressure to get the Easter ham right.
- On that note, I'm also going to be making a ham gravy for the first time ever. This might end up being the holiday we just order pizza...
Enter your number to get our free mobile app
- We'll definitely Facetime family, like all day long. We are missing our extended family members like crazy. Ellen Degeneres has a really fun app where you can play games online with your family. We'll be doing a lot of that.
- It's going to be a pretty chilly day but we're going to try to get outside and go for a walk. My neighbors have been decorating paper Easter eggs and displaying them in their windows as a scavenger hunt for when you go walking.
- COVID-19 has taken many things away from us, but it can't touch our egg hunts. We'll be doing our annual Easter egg hunt in the back yard.
- We'll end the night with a viewing of "Hop" on Netflix. It's a movie all about the Easter Bunny.
- Of course, lots of candy will be enjoyed.
- Also, Tiger King has a reunion episode hitting Netflix Sunday.
This holiday is definitely going to look a lot different than I'm used to, but I'm grateful to be able to Facetime family and spend the day with my husband and two-year-old son, Charlie. We've got this, Minnesota. We're all in this together. And, when it's over, big gatherings will definitely be long overdue.