Comparing St. Cloud, Minnesota to St. Cloud, Florida
Sometimes when you type "St. Cloud" into a search bar, you are met with options from St. Cloud, Florida. Just where is this St. Cloud, Florida, and how similar is it to ours? I took to the internet to find out!
- MN - 67,641
- FL - 47,809
- MN - The middle of Minnesota, about 65 miles from the Twin Cities
- FL - The middle of Florida, about 26 miles from Orlando
- MN - "The Granite City"
- FL - "Soldier City"
- MN - Named after St. Cloud, France and the 6th-century French monk Clodoald
- FL - Named after St. Cloud, Minnesota and St. Cloud, France
How the cities were founded:
- MN - The St. Cloud area was opened up to settlers in 1851 after treaty negotiations with the Winnebago (Ho-Chunk) tribe in 1851 and 1852.
- FL - In 1909, 35,000 acres were acquired by the Seminole Land & Investment Company as the site for a retirement community for Civil War union veterans.
Movies Filmed in the City:
- MN - 1992 film The Mighty Ducks, 1989 film Catch Me If You Can
- FL - 1964 film Two Thousand Maniacs!, 1998 film The Waterboy
Turns out we have a lot more in common with St. Cloud, Florida than we thought! Chances are good that they have much better winters than we do!