St. Cloud Diocese Celebrates Rural Life This Sunday
ST. CLOUD (WJON News) - Everyone is welcome to the 2023 Diocesan Rural Life Celebration this Sunday.
The annual celebration of rural life runs from 10:30 to 3:00 Sunday at St. Nicholas Parish in Carlos.
Fr. Matthew Kuln, pastor of St. Nicholas Parish, is excited to welcome everyone to the celebration.
Our rural parishes are an essential part of rural life. We provide spiritual nourishment just as our farmers and ranchers provide physical nourishment. We provide a place for the community to gather and thank God for the gifts we have received.
The day starts with an outdoor mass, followed by a meal, family-friendly entertainment, and the Catholic Century Farm and Catholic Rural Business Award presentations.
The Catholic Century Farms:
Eight Catholic farm families who have cared for a farm in the Diocese for one hundred years or more will receive the Catholic Century Farm Award.
- Kimman Family Farm in Pierz – established 1916
- Gary and Diane Botzet Family Farm in Carlos – established 1874
- Waldvogel Family Century Dairy Farm in Osakis – established 1913
- Koudela Family Farm in Alexandria – established 1886
- Heitzman’s Family Farm in Avon – established 1916
- Bruce and Lourdes Botzet Farm in Carlos – established 1876
- Udermann Family Farm in Sartell – established 1916
- Lusty Farm in Miltona – established 1872
The Catholic Rural Business Award:
- Roers Family Bakery in Alexandria.
The day is sponsored by Catholic Charities, the Diocese of St. Cloud, and the Catholic Foundation.
READ RELATED ARTICLES
- "Walz Checks" Details - Not In The Mail Yet!
- U.S. House Ways and Means Committee Meets On Kimball Ranch
- Albany Broadcaster Leads National Farm Broadcasters Association