Central Minnesotans Aren’t Letting COVID-19 Stop Halloween
Halloween is looking a little different in Minnesota this year. When the year started I don't think anyone was expecting the CDC to issue safety tips and guidelines for celebrating the spookiest of holidays.
CDC tips for making trick-or-treating safer:
- Avoid direct contact with trick-or-treaters.
- Give out treats outdoors, if possible.
- Set up a station with individually bagged treats for kids to take.
- Wash hands before handling treats.
- Wear a mask.
- Go out only with people in your household
- Social distance from other people while out and about
The CDC also gave their ranking of activities and their risk level for COVID-19 exposure. One of the things they suggested was hosting a virtual costume contest, and here at 98.1 we said, "yeah let's do it!"
We have been collecting entries for this contest since early October, and we just picked our winner (via random number generation), and it was Pam Driscoll.
We had some amazing costumes get entered into the contest, and we would love to keep seeing them as Halloween gets closer. Feel free to send them our way using the chat feature of the 98.1 mobile app.