Celebrate National Bourbon Heritage Month with Minnesota Bourbons
CELEBRATE AN AMERICAN TRADITION
I know people make holidays out of everything; but National Bourbon Heritage Month is a real thing; and for good reason. Way back in 1964, Bourbon was named "America's Native Spirit" due to the deep rooted legacy that the bourbon industry contributes to the United States.
TALK TO DARIN
How will you celebrate? My boyfriend Darin, is an expert when it comes to bourbon. He works at Westside Liquor in Waite Park, and outside of beer, Bourbon is his liquor of choice. So... if you are REALLY wanting some suggestions, he's your man. (Well...he's my man, but you know what I mean). To be honest, I never really tried bourbon until a few days ago. It's a little strong for me...but hey....do your thing!
AMERICA'S NATIVE SPIRIT
In 2007, The US Senate declared the month of September to be National Bourbon Heritage Month as a way to celebrate the hard work of the people all across America that create bourbon.
NOT JUST A KENTUCKY THING
I always thought that Bourbon was just a Kentucky thing; but it couldn't be further from the truth. Bourbon can be made in all 50 states, and in Minnesota, we have some great companies making some exceptional bourbons.
MINNESOTA BOURBON COMPANIES
- Panther Distillery in Osakis Minnesota
- 11 Wells in St. Paul Minnesota
- J. Carver Distillery in Waconia Minnesota
- Vickre Distillery in Duluth Minnesota
- Far North Spirits in Hallock Minnesota
- Skaalvenn Distillery in Minneapolis Minnesota
- Copperwing Distillery in St. Louis Park Minnesota
- Twin Spirits Distillery in Minneapolis Minnesota
- Tattersall Distilling in Minneapolis Minnesota
- Wander North Distillery in Minneapolis Minnesota
- Norsemen Distillery in Minneapolis Minnesota
- Lawless Distilling Company in Minneapolis Minnesota
- Du Nord Craft Spirits in Minneapolis Minnesota
- Loon Liquor in Northfield Minnesota
- Dampfwerk Distilling in St. Louis Park Minnesota
- Studio Distilling in St. Paul Minnesota
- Royal Foundry Craft Spirits in Minneapolis Minnesota
- Flying Dutchman Spirits in Eden Prairie Minnesota
- RockFilter Distillery in Spring Grove Minnesota