Xcel Energy: Advice To Stay Cool Without Breaking The Bank
UNDATED - The heatwave we're in will have your air conditioner working overtime over the next several days. Xcel Energy has some advice to help you find relief, without breaking the bank.
- They recommend you turn off all unnecessary lights.
- Run washing machines, dishwashers, and clothes dryers after the heat of the day.
- Change all air filters.
- Use fans, ceiling fans can help keep your home cool.
- Keep blinds and curtains closed.
- And, raise the thermostat setting from 72 to 78 degrees.