Tips to Survive an ‘Under The Weather’ Work Day
No Sleep. Headaches...Sore Throats. Sneezing. Coughing. Body Aches.
This is the place you don't want to be. When you arrive in this place; everything else seems impossible. Especially when you HAVE to be somewhere...like work. How do you avoid it altogether? I've tried a few ideas through the years and they seem to help.
1. At the first sniffle, start taking Zicam. I've done this for years, and typically my cold is barely noticeable. A couple days tops.
2. Don't wait to put this handy little gem in your medicine closet. Be prepared before you get a cold. It's easy to take. I keep gummy zicam in my car, as I know I'm always going to be driving to work each day, and I can just grab a couple before I get there.
3. Get your flu shot. Enough said. If you're that person that "doesn't get shots"....please do it for someone else. There are a lot of children and elderly that die each year from the flu...which could mostly be avoided if you and I would just do it. It takes under 30 seconds to get the shot.
4. Take daytime cold medicine at least 2 hours before you go to work so you can lay back down and get some REAL rest.
5. If you don't have to go in to the office, work from home. If everyone would stay home while they are sick, this would also help a lot of us from ever getting ill in the first place.
6. Wash your hands. Often.
7. Cover your mouth when you cough and sneeze. It's now the thing to cough into your sleeve or shirt, rather than into your hands. If you do cough into your hands, please don't shake peoples hands.
8. Bundle up.
9. Get enough rest.
10. Take vitamins and eat healthy. The more you do for your body, the better your body can fight back when this happens to you.