Tips To Help You Survive Minnesota’s Spring Allergy Season
I DIDN'T KNOW I HAD ALLERGIES UNTIL THIS SPRING!
My throat has hurt for three weeks. Every morning...itchy...scratchy...My nose is completely plugged. I thought I had a cold, but cold medicine didn't help. I thought, maybe this is an allergy? Sure enough...it's allergies. Sneezing has taken over my life....I'm constantly blowing my nose, coughing all night, and my eyes are watering constantly. Why is this happening? It's never been this bad before? I can't stop it!
Today I checked pollen.com for our area, to see if I should be feeling this bad due to allergies. It doesn't look great.
TIPS FOR SURVIVING ALLERGY SEASON
Pollen.com had some gread advice on how to survive this allergy season. See if this might help you breath better and save on some tissue.
- Take a shower after working outside. Make sure to wash your hair, eyelashes and eye area.
- Remove your work clothes outside or in the garage and put them in a bag to carry them to your laundry room. Keep that stuff out of your house!
- Take allergy medicine 30 minutes before going outside.
- Check pollen counts, and stay inside on days that pollens you are allergic to are high.
- If someone else can't do your yardwork, do it with a microfiber facemask while working outside.
- At home and when driving, use an air conditioner and keep your windows closed.
- Use HEPA air filters for furnace and vacuum cleaners.