Ted x St. Cloud Goes Virtual for 2020
I remember being in downtown St. Cloud last year when the TedxSt. Cloud event was going on and saying to myself, "next year you should totally go to that, it looks awesome." Well, it's next year and things look a little different.
The TedxSt. Cloud event will be held from the Paramount Theater stage via live stream. The theme this year is "Metamorph":
2020 has been a year of significant and fundamental changes in almost every facet of our lives. Each of us, alone and with others, has undergone a series of significant transformations. TEDxStCloud is an opportunity to gather with your fellow metamorphs to explore new ideas, because we are never done changing and are ever new beings.
The list of presenters this year include:
- Christopher Lehman: Author, Professor of Ethnic Studies at SCSU and Chair of the Department of Ethnic, Gender and Women’s Studies
- Jennifer Lamb: A biology, ecology, and natural history Scientist and an associate professor in the Department of Biology at St. Cloud State University.
- John Mahowald: Cardiologist who trained at the University of Minnesota Medical School, and St. Cloud's first cardiologist in 1983.
- Kathleen Allen: Leadership and Organizational Change Author and Consultant.
- Kathy Kulus: Medical Director of Pediatric Hospital Medicine Program at the St. Cloud Hospital, following 25 years with CentraCare, in a traditional practice of both clinic and hospital pediatric medicine.
- Matthew Davis: An Associate Professor of Biology at St. Cloud State University, and Marine Evolution Scientist.
- Precious Drew: Director of gBETA Greater Minnesota.
This live stream event will be open to the public and will be free of charge for the virtual attendees. It will start around 6:30 PM and run until about 8 PM. For more information and to register for the event, visit the TedxSt.Cloud website.