My 2017 Bucket List–What’s Yours?
I've been reflecting on everything I accomplished this year, and my list is pretty long! I lost nearly 30 pounds this year, started working on the morning show, I got married, traveled, saved up money, met my idol...Britney Spears, and I realized a lot about myself and who my true friends are. The crazy thing is, I didn't set out to accomplish anything this year. I didn't make a New Year's resolution. So, I've decided this year to jot down a few goals I have for 2017 in hopes that I'll be able to accomplish more if I actually have a focus. So, here are some of the things I hope to do this year. What's on your 2017 bucket list?
- Learn a new trade, stick with it and make that my hobby--People always ask me what my hobbies are and I can't really think of anything I love doing in my free time. I don't have a collection or a craft. So, this year it's my mission to find something.
- Travel more on a whim--Usually, I'm a planner by nature. My husband loves to go on random unplanned weekend trips and usually he'll get some push-back from me. This year, I want to say yes to random trips more! Life is too short to be so planned out.
- Lose an additional 10-15 pounds by this time next year--I lost 30 pounds this year, but my ultimate goal is to lose an additional 10-15 pounds. I think it's definitely attainable.
- Go hiking--It's healthy for you and it's good for your soul. I love becoming one with nature, breathing in the fresh air and making a day out of it.
- Do more things for others--While I normally try to go out of my way to do good things for others, I want to step up my game. We can all be doing more to make someone's day a little bit better.
- Go on a weekend getaway on a lake somewhere--I didn't spend really any time on a lake this year, and I really regret it. So, I want to make a point to spend a weekend at a cabin and enjoy the sunshine and water!
- Try indoor skydiving--I saw a video of indoor skydiving the other day and it looked so cool. Since I never want to try actual skydiving, this is the next best thing!
- Finish my basement--It has been a two year project in the works and it's my goal to finally get that thing done in 2017.
- Build a deck/fence--I don't spend any time in my backyard because there's no privacy and I don't have a deck or a patio to sit on. I want to utilize more of my backyard so, a deck and fence is necessary.
- Spend more time with family making memories--My family means everything to me and my little sisters aren't so little anymore. I want to make more memories this year before they all get old and go off to college and start developing busy lives.
- Take more risks/go out of my comfort zone when faced with uncomfortable decisions--I'm a calculated risk taker, meaning I don't take many risks in life at all. Risks make me anxious, which is why I know that I need to take myself out of my comfort zone more. Life should never be too comfortable.
- Try saying yes to everything for an entire day--I've always like the concept of this. I want to try it and see what happens and where the day takes me.
- Go to a vineyard--I love wine, but I've never been to a vineyard. It seems very classy and a little romantic.
- Plan a really awesome party for someone--My sister, dad and husband all have milestone birthdays this year. I want to help make their day extra special.
- Change up my wardrobe to look more "adult" and less "college student"--I'm not saying that I don't have style, but I am saying that my style makes me look like a single college girl with a lot of homework. My closet is full of sweatshirts and ripped jeans. I'm married now, so, it's officially time for my wardrobe to grow up too.