Minnesota Vikings Shedding Players So Far in 2020
NFL free agency is just getting underway in 2020, and the Minnesota Vikings have been losing players left and right.
Not that it's unexpected, but it still makes a fan like me a bit worried and skeptical.
The first moves were to extend quarterback Kirk Cousins' contract for two more years, and slap the franchise tag on safety Anthony Harris. I'm good with those, but then the exodus began.
- WR Stefon Diggs traded to Buffalo.
- OL Chris Kline had his contract voided by the team.
- DL Linval Joseph signed with San Diego.
- S Jayron Kearse signed with Detroit.
- CB Trae Waynes signed with Cincinnati.
- CB Xavier Rhodes cut by team.
- MacKenzie Alexander signed with Cincinnati.
The Vikings did add DT Michael Pierce from the Ravens, and resigned K Dan Bailey.
The Vikes did pick top three additional 2020 draft picks (including the 22nd overall) from Buffalo in the Diggs deal. It will be interesting to see what else they do in free agency and the upcoming draft.