McCall’s Magazine 1958: 129 Ways To Find A Husband
I just had to share this with you. My how times have changed. "Expert" advice for single women over 17! Yes...Over 17....See what you think.
Download The 98.1 Minnesota's New Country Mobile App
129 WAYS TO FIND A HUSBAND
The first 13 tips are where you should look to find yourself a husband:
- Get a dog and walk it.
- Have your car break down at strategic places.
- Attend night school. Take courses that men take.
- Join a hiking club.
- Look in census reports for the cities with the most single men. Nevada has 125 males for every 100 females.
- Read the obituaries to find eligible widowers.
- Take up golf and go to different golf courses.
- Take several short vacations at different places rather than one long one at one place.
- Sit on a park bench and feed the pigeons.
- Take a bicycle trip through Europe.
- Get a job in a medical, dental, or law school.
- Become a nurse or an airline stewardess. They have very high marriage rates.
- Ask your friends husbands who the eligible men are in their offices.