Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup for a Rainy Day
READY FOR A DELICIOUS COLD DAY SOUP RECIPE?
My boyfriend made me this delicious soup last weekend, and I wanted to share it with you. It's delicious and lasted me all week long. It makes a lot. Enjoy!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups chopped carrots, peeled
- 2 cups celery, chopped
- 1 big sweet Vidalia or yellow onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 64 ounces (8 cups)chicken broth, plus more if desired
- Pepper and salt to taste
- 12 ounces wide egg noodles (or your favorite noodles or pasta)
- 2 cups shredded cooked or boiled chicken
To a large Dutch oven or stockpot, add boil the chicken for about an hour. Strain the broth into another pot, and put the chicken in a bowl. Let cool until you are able to break it up into small pieces.
While the chicken is cooling, return the broth to the stove, and add carrots, celery, onions, garlic, salt and pepper.
Add chicken pieces back to the broth once carrots and celery are soft to the touch.
Once veggies are tender, add noodles and boil for an additional 10 minutes or until noodles are soft and cooked all the way through.
Enjoy! This recipe lasted us for almost a week!