Do I Need A Building Permit? Webinars Coming In June
THINKING ABOUT BUILDING?
This is the time of year that we all try to hurry and get our summertime building projects underway. Maybe you want to add on to your driveway...maybe you're thinking about adding a building to your property.
Before you build, you may want to find out if you need a building permit.
There will be a short series of webinars happening in June that can provide you with the necessary knowledge you need before you start your next building project.
SERIES ONE: BUILDING PERMITS PRIMER
The first class of the series, Building Permits Primer, will be taking place on Tuesday, June 22nd, and will cover:
- Why you need a permit
- When you need a permit
- What you need to know before applying for a permit
- Do I need a permit for fencing, electrical systems, plumbing and/or heating and cooling systems?
SERIES TWO: RESIDENTIAL BUILDING PERMITS AND INSPECTIONS
In this series, taking place on Thursday, June 24th you will learn about residential properties and inspections, covering things like:
- How to find your property lines before taking on a building project
- What types of building projects need permits on residential property
- When inspections take place
- Who the inspectors are
- How long building permits last for residential properties
The Instructor, Chukwunyere 'Chuks' Ugochukwu recently built a home, so he will share his experiences and will give examples from communities of various sizes across the state of Minnesota.
Chuks is the Professor of Planning and Community Development at St. Cloud State University, and specializes in heritage preservation, community and urban design, development and land use.
GET REGISTERED TODAY
The cost of each class is $10, and there is also a 'pay what you can' option available. You can register for the class by clicking HERE now.