19 Best Places to Cool Off in Central Minnesota
We're heading into one of the hottest weekends of the summer and you're definitely going to be looking for ways to cool off. You're in luck. We've got a list of local splash pads, wading pools and beaches that'll get the job done. All you need to do is make sure to bring the sunblock, a towel and your bathing suit. Check out our list of places to cool off below! (These places are in random order and not ranked from best to worst)
1. Quarry Park and Nature Preserve in Waite Park: This is a popular swimming destination in central Minnesota. They've got two quarries that are open to the public for swimming. Quarry #2 is 116 feet deep and Quarry #11 is 20 feet deep with a sandy beach for lounging. Keep in mind, there are no lifeguards on duty. Swimming is free, but you do have to pay for a parking pass if you park your vehicle in the lot.
2. Seberger Park (The City of St. Cloud has this pool listed as closed until further notice): It's a wading pool with a polar bear waterslide. It costs $2.25 per child to get into the pool.
3. Westwood Park Splash Pad in St. Cloud: It's open Monday through Sunday from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.
4. Lake George Park splash pad in St. Cloud: It's open from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Friday (except on Wednesday nights the splash pad closes at 5 p.m. for Summertime By George).
5. River's Edge Splash Pad in Waite Park: it's open throughout the summer from 11 a.m. until 8 p.m. and is located at 1060 Great Oak Drive.
6. Autumn Ridge Park in Sauk Rapids: The splash pad is open from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
7. Alexander Park in Cold Spring: The grand opening of the new splash pad is Friday, June 4. It'll be open from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. daily.
8. Lakeside Park in Big Lake: There's a huge lake that's open to the public and includes a large sandy beach area. You'll also find a boat launch, fishing areas, picnic tables, grilling stations, a playground and more. It's open Monday through Sunday from 5 a.m. to 10 p.m.
9. Avon Beach in Avon: It's located on Middle Spunk Lake at 426 Stratford St. W. and closes at 10 p.m. daily. It has picnic areas, a sandy beach and public restrooms.
10. Foley Municipal pool: It's located at 110 8th Avenue and is open 7 days a week from 12:30 p.m. to 5 p.m. and again from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. through July. In August the pool will close at 8 p.m. Admission is $4 per adult and $3 for kids 15 and under. Children 6 months and under are free.
11. Haws Park wading pool in St. Cloud: (The City of St. Cloud has this pool listed as closed until further notice)
12. Hester Park wading pool in St. Cloud: (The City of St. Cloud has this pool listed as closed until further notice)
13. Pantown Park pool in St. Cloud: (The City of St. Cloud has this pool listed as closed until further notice)
14. Rotary Park wading pool in St. Cloud: (The City of St. Cloud has this pool listed as closed until further notice)
15. Spalt Park wading pool in St. Cloud: (The City of St. Cloud has this pool listed as closed until further notice)
16. Bob Cross Park in Sauk Rapids: There's a wading pool open seven days a week from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m.
17. Warner Lake Beach in Clearwater : There's a sandy beach for the public to enjoy that's open from 6 a.m. to 11 p.m. There's no lifeguard on duty so swim at your own risk. There's a large shelter area with picnic tables, grilling stations, public restrooms and more. It's located at 1485 County Road 143.
18. Watab Creek Park in Sartell: The new splash pad is open from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m.
19. Celebration Park in Sartell: There's a wading pool open from 12:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m Monday through Sunday.