25 State Attractions Minnesotans Should Visit in Their Lifetime
Minnesota has a lot of cool places you should totally check out. There are so many...where do we even start? I made a list of 25 places every Minnesotan should checkout in their lifetime. These are must-see places that deserve to be on your bucket list. How many of these places have you been to?
1. Mall of America (SeaLife & Nickelodeon Universe)
2. Target Field: You've got to check out a Twins game!
3. Glensheen Mansion in Duluth: it's a beautiful mansion with a dark history.
4. Minnehaha Falls: It's literally a waterfall in the middle of one of the biggest towns in Minnesota.
5. Charles Lindbergh Museum: He's known for being the first person to take a nonstop solo flight across the Atlantic Ocean. You can tour his home and property in Little Falls.
6. Minnesota Zoo: From sharks and seahorses to monkeys and bears...this zoo has it all.
7. Gooseberry Falls State Park: It's one of the best state parks Minnesota has to offer.
8. The Boundary Waters: If you want to be one with the wilderness, you don't get closer than this. I don't even think there's cell phone reception there.
9. Walker Art Center: The big spoon with the cherry on it in Minneapolis is at the Walker Art Center.
10. Split Rock Lighthouse: This is one of the most photographed spots in Minnesota.
11. Science Museum: If you're a kid or just a kid at heart, you'll love all that the science museum has to offer.
12. Xcel Energy Center: It's where the Wild play and we definitely suggest attending a game during your lifetime.
13. U.S. Bank Stadium: It's where the Minnesota Vikings play. It's also a really great concert venue. It's worth a trip.
14. Great Wolf Lodge: This is probably my favorite indoor water park in the state. It's got a lazy river and a bunch of waterslides.
15. Mickey's Diner: It's the most filmed location in Minnesota. Plus, the food is said to be amazing.
16. Guthrie Theater: Many Minnesotans have a tradition of watching 'A Christmas Carol' live on stage every holiday season. It's Minnesota's destination for live theater.
17. Buck Hill: You can see these huge sledding and snowboarding hills from the road. You'll get some serious air. Be careful on the slopes.
18. Fort Snelling: It's a former military fortification and National Historic Landmark.
19.Paul Bunyan Land: If you don't know the legend of Paul Bunyan, you've got some homework to do today. You must visit this Minnesota favorite.
20. Spam Museum: Minnesotans love spam so much that there's an entire museum dedicated to it. You must check it out.
21. Paisley Park: This is where the iconic musician Prince lived. It's open to the public for tours.
22. Munsinger Gardens: This is one of central Minnesota's most beautiful spots. It's a park filled with every kind of beautiful flower you can think of.
23. Anoka during Halloween: They're the self-proclaimed Halloween capitol of the world.
24. ValleyFair: It's Minnesota's largest outdoor theme park...complete with a waterpark.
25. Minnesota State Fair: County fairs are fun, but nothing beats the Minnesota State Fair. It's not called the 'great get together' for nothing.