Your Kids Can Virtually Audition for a Role in “Charlotte’s Web”
GREAT THEATRE'S PERFORMANCE OF "CHARLOTTE'S WEB"
Have your children ages 8-18 shown an interest in acting? This might be their big break. Great Theatre will be holding auditions for a spring performance of "Charlotte's Web," Tuesday, February 22nd, 2021. Virtual auditions will be in fifteen-minute windows from 4:30 to 6:30pm via Zoom.
If you are chosen as a finalist, virtual call-backs will be held on Thursday, February 25th from 4:30 to 6:00 pm.
If you are being considered for a role, you will receive an email on Wednesday, February 24 for a callback. The people chosen to be a part of the cast will be posted on GREAT’s website by 3pm on Friday, February 26th.
If you are considering auditioning, you may want to make sure you have the time to commit to the rehearsal schedule. The first rehearsal is Monday, March 1st, and will be held from 4:30 to 6:30pm virtually, with a parent/guardian meeting from 4:30 to 5:00pm.
If you have questions regarding the rehearsal schedule, you can reach out to email@example.com.
WHAT YOU SHOULD PREPARE FOR AUDITION
- When you sign up and complete the form to audition, you’ll be asked to note any conflicts you have with the rehearsal schedule. Great Theatre will also ask you to attach a headshot, which is a photo that shows your face clearly.
- For your audition, you will be expected to prepare TWO monologues from the options available on the Great Theatre website, by clicking HERE.
- You are encouraged to memorize your monologues, but it is not a requirement.
TIPS FOR A GREAT AUDITION
- Use a strong and clear speaking voice
- Use big facial expressions
- Use accents and animal sounds
- Move around during your audition.
- Please stand and position the camera so the team can see you from your waist to your head.
- Try to Zoom in from a place where you have more light coming at you from your front than behind you.
- Please choose a quiet room to audition from.
Rehearsals will be Monday, March 1st through Thursday, April 29th 4:30 to 6:30 pm. Mondays will be virtual (cast will need access to a tablet, phone or computer to participate via Zoom.) Tuesdays and Thursdays will be in person at the Helgeson Learning Lab Theatre with a strict set of safety guidelines including masks required for all cast and staff during in-person rehearsals and performances.
This production will be live-streamed on Friday, April 30th (two daytime performances) and Saturday, May 1st. Livestream tickets are $10 per household (free for all k-12 schools). Mark your calendars for early April when tickets go on sale!
This production will be directed and designed by high school artists who are chosen from applications and mentored by adult GREAT staff members.