Volunteers Sought to Clean Up Mississippi River Shoreline
RICE (WJON News) -- Benton County is calling on residents and other volunteers to take some time out of their weekend to help clean up the Mississippi River shoreline.
Get our free mobile app
Benton County has accepted a challenge from Goodhue County Commissioner Linda Flanders to remove trash from the shoreline.
Benton officials will place a dumpster in the main parking lot of Bend in the River Park from Friday, May 5th through Tuesday, May 9th. The park is along County Road 55 about a mile south of Rice.
County officials ask that only debris and litter gathered from the river's shoreline be put in the dumpster. Things like home electronics, hazardous materials, and appliances will create additional costs for the county.
READ RELATED ARTICLES
- Lane Closures Starting on Highway 10 in St. Cloud
- Briggs Chain of Lakes Gets Grant for Phosphorous Study
- Road Construction 2023: Stearns County
- Stearns County Household Hazardous Waste Mobile Collections Announced
- Expert: Minnesotans Should Expect Dreadful Mosquito Season
LOOK: Best places to live in America
KEEP READING: 10 classic board games that will take you way back
LOOK: Most dangerous states to drive in
Stacker used the Federal Highway Administration's 2020 Highway Statistics report to rank states by the fatalities per billion miles traveled.