Vikings ‘Minneapolis Miracle’ Lucky Hotdish Recipe
January 14th, 2021 marks the three year anniversary of the moment all Vikings fans will remember forever: The Minneapolis Miracle. As we watched that game against the Saints, almost everyone in my house had given up hope. The score was 24-23, and there were only seconds left in the 4th quarter. I was making comfort food to try to ease the pain of loss, and as I pulled this hotdish out of the oven, it happened.
On the last play of the game, Vikings quarterback Case Keenum threw a 27-yard pass to wide receiver Stefon Diggs, who ran to the end zone to complete the 61-yard touchdown pass and win the game.
The Vikings didn't make it to the playoffs this year, but this hotdish recipe is a good one to ease that pain as well.
Here is what you will need:
- 1 16 oz box of rotini pasta, cooked and drained.
- 2 pounds of cooked boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 pound of cooked bacon
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups of ranch dressing
- 2 tablespoons of milk
- 2 cups of shredded marble jack cheese
1. Cook pasta, bacon, and chicken according to package directions.
2. Dice the chicken and bacon into bite-sized pieces
3. In a greased 9x13 baking dish, mix chicken, bacon, pasta, ranch, and milk until well combined.
4. Top with shredded cheese and bake in the oven at 375 for 20-25 minutes until cheese is melted and bubbling. Serve and SKOL.
Pro Tip: it helps to eat the hotdish while rewatching the Miracle video to set the mood.