U.S. Bank Stadium’s Bag Policy Refresher With Vikings Season Soon
Football season is about to get underway. The Minnesota Vikings have their first preseason game Friday night in New Orleans. Their first preseason home game is slated for Sunday, August 18 against the Seahawks.
This is a great time to refresh your memory on U.S. Bank Stadium's security and bag policy. The first year I attended a Vikings game I had to walk multiple city blocks in the 90+ degree heat to put my purse back in my car. Don't be like me, know the rules!
You're encouraged to not bring bags at all if you can avoid it...but, if you're like me and you enjoy the comfort of a purse, here's what you CAN do.
What you CAN bring into U.S. Bank Stadium;
- Only clear plastic, vinyl or PVC bags that are 12" x 6" x 12" are allowed. This is strictly enforced.
- One-gallon clear plastic freezer bag (think Ziploc freezer bag size) are allowed.
- Small clutch bags that are 4.5" x 6.5" are permitted.
- You can bring in a camera that's 6 inches or less without the case
- You can use binoculars but you cannot bring the case.
- You can bring in hand-held radios and TVs, but you must have headphones to listen.
- You can bring in infant feeding supplies without a diaper bag.
- Blankets are allowed.
The list of things that are NOT allowed in U.S. Bank Stadium;
- No purses larger than a clutch bag
- No coolers,
- No Briefcases
- No backpacks
- No fanny packs
- No cinch bags
- No luggage of any kind
- No seat cushions
- No strollers
- No computer bags
- No camera bags
- No diaper bags
- No water bottles
- No umbrellas
U.S. Bank Stadium grants special permission for people using medically necessary items. If you bring something to the stadium that's on the banned list, you can avoid having to take it back to your vehicle by using their bag check system.