The Minnesota Twins are Breaking Records (and Winning)
The 2019 Minnesota Twins are tearing up Major League Baseball so far this season, setting team and league records as they go.
After last night's 11-4 win over the visiting Chicago White Sox, the Twins find themselves with the best record in MLB at 34-16, winning nine of their last ten. Here are some stats the team has racked up through the first fifty games:
- Best winning percentage in the majors at .680.
- Most home runs in the majors (101), making them only the second team in MLB history to hit more than 100 before the end of May. The Twins are on pace to hit 327 homers, which would crush both the team and MLB record.
- Most runs (300), twenty-five more than second-best Texas.
- The Twins have had two 8-home run games already this season, that ties an MLB season record (and it's only May).
- Minnesota has four 6+ home run games this season. No other team has more than one.
- Twins pitching ERA is an Major League 8th best at .383.
We're just under a third of the way through the season, but the Twins are creating early season history.
They play this afternoon and tomorrow afternoon at Target Field against the Chicago White Sox. Get out there and enjoy this ride. You can get your tickets HERE.