Perfect Recipe For Soup Season
THIS SOUP IS JUST RIGHT
I've been perfecting a beefy soup recipe that is not only a comfort food on a cold day, but also pretty darn filling and good for you at only around 200 calories per cup! I hope you enjoy it!
I bought all of these grocery items at Coborn's in Sauk Rapids, but I'm pretty sure these are pretty common ingredients you could find almost anywhere.
- 32 oz container of Swanson Beef Broth
- 1 pound 93% lean ground beef
- 1 cup of chopped celery
- 1 package 8 oz. Fresh Express baby spinach
- 1 cup of grated carrots
- 1 cup of chopped onions
- 1 cup (Optional: Mushrooms)
- 1 12 oz package Green Giant Rice Veggies: Cauliflower
- Salt to taste
- Soy Sauce (Optional)
- 1 squeeze of Spice World Squeeze Garlic paste
- 1 squeeze of Spice World Squeeze Ginger paste
1. Brown ground beef.
2. Add garlic, ginger and salt.
3. While you are browning the beef, pour the beef broth in a large pot and bring to a boil. Once beef is browned, add shredded carrots, celery and onions, (and optional mushrooms).
4. Heat the cauliflower in the microwave on high for 4 minutes.
5. Once heated, add cauliflower to your broth mixture. It doesn't matter if it's completely cooked through at this point. It will finish cooking in the broth.
6. Add the whole bag of spinach to your boiling broth. You might think it's too much but I promise it will wilt down to just the right amount.
7. Take the veggie beef mixture from the pan and add to the broth. Continue to boil until veggies are tender.
8. Salt to taste. You can also add Soy Sauce. I've made it both ways and it's great either way.
Listen to Kelly Cordes weekday mornings from 5:30 to 10
"Pete & Kelly in the Morning"
98.1 Minnesota's New Country