Parts of MN Received a Month’s Worth of Rain this Weekend
Most areas of Minnesota normally see between three and four inches of rain for the month during an average May. Parts of the state received that much this past weekend.
Saint Cloud officially picked up seven tenths of an inch at the airport, but much heavier amounts were recorded to the south.
Minnesota Weekend Rainfall Totals
- Dennison, MN: 4.85 inches
- Northfield, MN: 4.78 inches
- Red Wing, MN: 4.53 inches
- Lakeville, MN: 4.25 inches
- Shakopee, MN: 4.12 inches
- Cannon Falls, MN: 4.09 inches
- Prior Lake, MN: 4.01 inches
- Eden Prairie, MN: 3.88 inches
- Stillwater, MN: 3.15 inches
- Elk River, MN: 2.81 inches
- MSP Airport: 2.78 inches
- Maple Grive, MN: 2.58 inches
- Zimmerman, MN: 1.29 inches
- Princeton, MN: 1.01 inches
- Kimball, MN: 1.00 inches
- Milaca, MN: 0.76 inches
The average rainfall total for the month of May at the Saint Cloud Airport is 3.60 inches. Before you feel too bad about your weekend being a washout, had that been snow -- southern Minnesota could have seen anywhere from eight to thirty inches.
You can finally put your umbrella away. The forecast looks mainly dry this week for the Saint Cloud area, with the exception of a chance of thunderstorms Thursday night and Friday.
Highs will be in the seventies this week, with temps near eighty Saturday and Sunday.