Update: St. Cloud Records Hottest October Day on Record
ST. CLOUD (WJON News) -- We have broken the record for the warmest day ever recorded in St. Cloud on October 1st.
A couple of extremes on this date in weather history in Minnesota.
In 1999 one of the earliest significant snowfalls in Minnesota's history fell in a narrow track across southern Minnesota. Reported snowfall totals include 4.0 inches in Montgomery (Le Sueur County) and Northfield (Rice County), 3.8 inches in Springfield (Brown County), 3.0 inches in Vesta (Redwood County), and 2.8 inches in Mankato (Blue Earth County).
In 1989 high temperatures across central and southern Minnesota reached the 80's. Later in the day, a cold front would come through and drop the mercury to the 40's.
READ RELATED ARTICLES
- Gas Prices Fall in Minnesota, Nationally
- Vision for Reimagined Downtown St. Cloud Becoming Clear
- Book Recounts How Teenage Girl from St. Cloud Broke Barriers
- New Mural Being Painted in Downtown St. Cloud
- 5th Annual Rocktoberfest Coming Up in St. Joseph