My Minnesota Summer Bucket List
It's that time of year again where I create my summer bucket list. It's a list of everything I want to accomplish before the short Minnesota summer is over. I've got a pretty large list when you consider that there are only like 12 weeks of summer. I better get busy!
1. Go to Twins games--I'm a huge fan of Target Field which is why I hope to get to a bunch of Twins games this summer. It doesn't even matter to me if they win or lose. I just enjoy the beautiful weather and the delicious food!
2. Go to Rox games on the sports deck--The sports deck is the only way to enjoy a Rox game. Once you attend a game on the deck, you won't be able to do it any other way. There's an all you can eat picnic style buffet set up on the deck complete with free pop and water. It's awesome on a warm summer night!
3. Munsinger Clemens Gardens--I drive by the gardens a lot but I don't stop and take a walk around as often as I should. It's a beautiful flower park with a very romantic story. It's at the top of my list this year.
4. Spend an evening by Lake George--Summertime By George is one of the best FREE outdoor music concerts there is. It's always fun to be able to hear live, local music while also eating dinner out of a food truck! It's awesome and I wasn't able to get to any of the events last summer, so I'm making it a priority to do it this summer.
5. Go to a cabin--When you live in Minnesota, you pretty much have to head to a cabin on a lake at least once in the summer. That's what Minnesota is all about. I'm a little embarrassed to admit that I haven't stayed at a cabin in years. So, this year I hope to go on a weekend getaway to a cabin somewhere up north!
6. Go on a long bike trip--I've got a bike, and I use it around my neighborhood, but I've never been on a long bike trip. This year I want to take my bike out on the Wobegon Trail.
7. Build a deck--Summers are so much more enjoyable from the comfort of your own deck, I've been told. I don't have a deck of my own and I've lived in my house for a few years. I think it is finally time to find out what backyard living is all about.
8. Swim in a lake--I'm a Minnesotan that is terrified of lake water. When I was in high school we dissected lake water and studied it under a microscope. That science experiment ruined me. I think that it's time to finally face my fears and jump into a lake this summer!
9. Grow a garden--I love the idea of growing my own fresh vegetables. I don't exactly have what you'd call a "green thumb." I've tried having my own garden in the past and it has turned into a disaster. But, I'm older and wiser and I want to try my hand at it again.
10. Attend lots of small town festivals--My favorite thing about summer is the small town festivals that usually kick off in June. Central Minnesota puts on some seriously awesome block parties including; St. Cloud's Granite City Days, Rice's Family Fun Days, Sauk Rapid's Food Fest and more! My goal is to get to as many as I can. Last summer I didn't go to as many as I had hoped to.
What's on your Minnesota summer bucket list?