My 8 Tips for People Looking to Lose Weight in 2021
For the first time in my life, losing weight isn't my New Year's goal because it was last year's goal. I was actually successful with it this last year and lost about 25 pounds. I'm not going to lie to you, it wasn't EASY...but, there are things I learned along the way that definitely made things less complicated.
If your resolution is to lose weight in 2021, here are some lessons I learned last year that you can hopefully take along with you on your journey this year.
1. Change your attitude. Listen, before I was ever successful with weight loss I always went into diets with a bad attitude. I only thought about how hard it was going to be. I only saw the mountain I had to climb. You can't think like that.
2. Realize patience is your BEST friend. You didn't gain all of your unwanted weight in one day, and you can't lose it all in a day either. It took me nearly 8 months to lose 25 pounds. So, buckle up.
3. Don't think about where you are TODAY. Envision yourself at the fitness state you want to be in. When you're having a hard day, realize that slow and steady wins the race.
4. Drink more water. Not only does your body need it, but you'd be surprised how often people mistake being thirsty with a feeling of being hungry.
5. NO cheat days. For me, food was an addiction. You wouldn't tell someone trying to quit smoking that they could have that substance sometimes. Try to completely cut out the garbage.
6. Remind yourself of your reason for losing weight daily. Maybe you want to lose weight to better keep up with your kids, or for your own health reasons. Whatever your reason, remind yourself daily.
7. Plan ahead. On days when I didn't meal prep or have a snack tucked away in my purse, I'd ultimately run to get fast food. I'd feel guilty later and then spiral out of my healthy eating routine. Plan ahead. Preparation is key.
8. Realize you're human. Sometimes we fall off the wagon...but, the key is getting back on after you fall off. If you do slip up, have grace with yourself and go at it again tomorrow.