MN Top State for Dog Owners Making Resolutions for their Pet
I gotta say, it has never crossed my mind to make a New Year's resolution for my dog. Heck I don't even make them for myself.
According to a survey by Wild Earth, Minnesotan's make resolutions for their four-legged friends more than pet owners from any other state. I'm not sure it that makes us super-animal-lovers or a little crazy (or both).
44% of U.S. dog owners said they plan on making a New Year's resolution related to improving their pet's health.
Top Dog Resolution Facts for 2020
- Roughly 41% of U.S. pet parents say their top-dog New Year resolution is to take their pups for more walks.
- The second most popular resolution is to feed their dog higher-quality treats and food.
- 65% of U.S. dog owners do not think they walk their dog enough each week.
- About 20% of U.S. dog owners said they think their dog is at an unhealthy weight.
- 77% of all pet parents plan on including their dogs in their own fitness-related New Year's resolution activities.
The top five states where dog owners said they want their pets to be healthier in 2020 are:
- Massachusetts — 69%
- Nebraska — 67%
- Washington — 64%
- Minnesota — 59%
- New Mexico — 57%
Does the dog get a say in any of this? I mean we're just making resolutions for them, and say, 'here you go.' What if things were turned around? What resolutions would your dog make for you?