List of Country Artists 98.1 Listeners Want in the Halftime Show
Flashback to 2003, the last time there was a country act headlining the Superbowl Halftime Show. Shania Twain took to the stage with No Doubt and Sting as supporting acts. Before that, 1994 was the last time there was an all country lineup to the show as "Rockin' Country Sunday" with Clint Black, Tanya Tucker, Travis Tritt, Wynonna and Naomi Judd.
What I'm getting at is that there has been a glaring lack of country artists performing on one of music's biggest stages. Nothing against recent acts, I loved Lady Gaga's 2018 performance. But some country would be a nice addition to the show.
I asked on Facebook what country acts you would like to see on the Halftime Show stage and here were some of the responses:
- Nicole Zellgert: Reba & George Strait!
- Julie Pennertz: Garth Brooks or Thomas Rhett
- Lisa Welle Kickhafer: Dierks Bentley or Keith Urban!!
- Ellen Schmeling: Thomas Rhett or Eric Church
- Jennifer Jones: Kenny Chesney - he sells out stadiums
- Kelly Stewart Hanson: Tim McGraw
- Heather Dibblee: Ashley McBryde or Kip Moore
- Sarah Larson: Jason Aldean or Old Dominion
- Jaden Kendall: Garth Brooks would have been awesome
Overall, 98.1 listeners have great taste, and the NFL should take our suggestions into consideration when booking next year's Halftime Show.
See all the suggestions and add your own in the Facebook post below.