HOW TO KEEP YOUR DOG FROM CATCHING THE FLU
CAN MY DOG REALLY GET THE FLU?
I had NO idea that dogs could catch the flu; but apparently it's quite common. What can you do for your pup?
- Avoid dog parks if there is a break out in your area.
- Get your dog a flu shot...yes..they make them for dogs but not all vets offer them.
- Take your dog to the vet. If your dog does have the flu, you want to keep them away from other pets for at least 21 days.
Enter your number to get our free mobile app
- You and your dog can't get the same flu...so don't feel guilty if you've been sick and suddenly your dog is sick too.
- Note that older dogs have a greater chance for getting sick.
- For more details, talk to you vet.