Here is my Game Plan for the State Fair This Labor Day Weekend
Every year my boyfriend and I go to the Minnesota State Fair the Saturday of Labor Day weekend. He works road construction so it tends to be the only day that works for us to attend. We are both big foodies and love trying all the new foods. Some favorites from the past include Deep Fried Lobster from LuLu's Public House in 2014, Mac N Cheese Curds from the Food Building in 2016, and Bacon Duck Wontons from Giggles in 2017.
I spend time every year making a map and list of exactly where to get the new foods we want to try. I usually end up forgetting the map at home, but this year I am making sure I remember it.
Here is our list of foods to try! (Keep in mind I have a crowd of about 6 with me so we will all be sharing bites. I won't be eating this all by myself!)
1. BBQ Split @ Mama D's in the International Bazaar
2. Firecracker Shrimp Stuffed Avocado @ The Hideaway Speakeasy in the Grandstand
3. Wood Grilled Elote @Tejas Express in the Garden
4. Anchor Coffee for cold brew. Located by Ye Old Mill
5. Smoked Salmon on a Stick @ Nordic Waffles in the Westend Market
6. Irish Tater Kegs @ O'Garas at the Fair
7. Ahi Tuna Poke Bowl @ Cafe Caribe
8. Up North Puff Pasty @ Sausage Sister and Me - This one has been the unsung hero of the fair and I read it is not to be missed out on!
9. Freehouse Lime Light Beer @ Blue Barn in the Westend Market
Have you been to the fair already? What is one thing I shouldn't miss out on? Let me know in the comments!