Crazy Holiday Traditions I Never Miss Out On
1. The Victoria's Secret Fashion Show - This one started back in high school. My friends and I would gather at my house (my mom always bought the best snacks) and we would watch the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show while stuffing our faces. Kind of like a tribute to enjoying the food you know the models can't have. It's a great time!
2. Themed Christmas Attire - My dad's side of the family always celebrates Christmas day together, and every year you have to come dressed in a themed outfit. Last year was pajama party Christmas, we've also done National Lampoons Christmas, formal Christmas, and my personal favorite, Hawaiian Christmas.
3. Cutting Down a Tree in the Darkness - My family is the Griswold family. Everything we do ends up being a fiasco. Usually when we go to get our tree it is just as the sun is setting, and no one can totally see where we are. The tree gets cut down by the light of a cell phone and it is usually WAY too big for the living room. It's fun.
4. Spaghetti and The Grinch - Just what it says. My sister's godfather joins us for my mom's homemade spaghetti, and we watch the original Grinch movie. We've been doing this for as long as I can remember.
5. Cookie Baking - The thing that makes this one crazy is how my grandma's kitchen turns into a full fledged cookie making operation. Stations are set up and dozens and dozens of cookies get mixed, baked and decorated in a matter of hours. It's always a great start to the holidays.