5 Things to Know Ahead of Albertville’s Parade This Weekend
Parade season is here! Grab your trusty parade watching chair, a cooler and get ready for some fun. This weekend, the spotlight is on Albertville. As part of Albertville Friendly City Days they're hosting their Grand Day Parade on Sunday, June 13 at 12:30 p.m. It's one of central Minnesota's best parades of the summer, too. If you're planning on attending the event, here's everything you need to know before you go!
1. Plan on the event lasting 2 1/2 hours. That's the estimated duration according to the official Facebook event page.
2. It's going to be a hot day with lots of sun. You may want to pack a cooler of water for the kiddos. The National Weather Service is calling for a high of 91 degrees and lots of sunlight. (Maybe get there early and find a spot in the shade)
3. The event runs along Main Avenue in Albertville near Central Park. It'll continue south down Main Avenue beginning at Barthel Industrial Drive and will end at 50th Street.
4. The parade is said to be one of the best parades in the area that features royalty, marching bands, fire trucks, antique cars, tractors, horses, politicians, community groups and local businesses. The event is limited to 100 units due to time constraints.
5. Before the parade, the carnival opens at 11 a.m. They've got all-day ride wristbands available. After the parade there's an RC car demo derby, softball championship game, royalty coronation and more! Events are underway now.
You can check out all of Albertville's Friendly City Days events and activities on their official website.
%7D" title="Albertville's Grand Day Parade" align="center"]