12 Ways To Beat The Heat In Central Minnesota
It's going to be H.O.T.-- HOT. We're under an excessive heat warning now through Friday. So, what can you do to keep yourself cool here in central Minnesota? I'm glad you asked.
- Take the kids to a splash pad. Make sure to bring the sunblock.
- Take the kids and yourself to a pool. Foley has a great community pool that you should check out! Otherwise, St. Cloud has a few kiddie pools.
- Go check out a movie at Marcus Parkwood. Thursdays are student ID night--so, you can afford to watch a few movies back-to-back!
- Go grocery shopping. The freezer section is like a heaven send!
- Go to the mall for a few hours. There are so many stores to check out, you could be there in the AC all day long!
- Take a swim a Quarry Park. It was just listed as one of the best secret swimming holes in the United States!
- Check out some history in the air conditioned Stearns History Museum. You can't lose by keeping cool and learning a thing or two about your town in the process.
- Go out to dinner instead of cooking at home. Don't heat up your house by turning on the oven.
- Go to the gym instead of exercising outside. You'll still work up a sweat, but you won't be dying of heat in the process.
- Run through the sprinkler. Sometimes when it's hot out, the last thing I want to do is leave my house. So, bring the fun to your home and run through the sprinkler.
- Go out for ice cream! Who cares about the extra calories, you'll sweat it all off anyway this week!
- Go bowling. It's always nice and cool in the bowling alley and it's a good opportunity to work on your game!