Write A Holiday Card For Our Military Members & Veterans
Start a new Thanksgiving tradition with your family this year, by having everyone at your gathering write a holiday card for military members & veterans. Completed cards can be dropped off at 98 Country the week following Turkey Day -- and will be distributed to veterans and military members serving abroad by The American Red Cross.
It just takes a moment to sign a card and share your appreciation for the sacrifices made by members of the military and veteran community,” said Linda Blackmore Executive Director of the American Red Cross serving Central Minnesota. “Start a new tradition with your family this Thanksgiving – create holiday cards and share your thanks for our heroes.
Holiday cards will need to be dropped off at the 98 Country studios (640 Lincoln Avenue SE in St. Cloud) by 6 PM on Thursday, December 4th, and will be delivered to veterans, military families and active-duty service members at hospitals and installations around the world by The American Red Cross.
Here are some important guidelines for creating cards:
- In order to make cards as meaningful as possible to a wide audience, we recommend that the public use generic card titles such as “Dear Service Member, Veteran, or Military Family Member” when writing the cards.
- Cards should not be addressed to a specific service member as we have no way of personalizing delivery.
- We also ask that cards not contain glitter because some cards may end up at the bedside of a wounded service member and can aggravate existing health issues.
- We ask that people not enclose any items with the holiday cards. Any items enclosed with the holiday cards will be removed, including photos and other gifts.
- Please do not place individual cards in envelopes. Because we review each individual card before sending them to our service members, they will be removed from the envelopes.
- We ask that cards not carry an overly religious theme. We want to ensure that the cards are meaningful to large portion of our service members.
- Cards containing the personal information (phone number, address) will not be accepted. You may list where you are from, however please do not include additional information.
Thank you in advance for doing something that means something to our service men and women around the world -- from The American Red Cross & 98 Country!