Win CASH & An NHL Game For Your Community Ice Rink!
After 8 successful years improving the state of hockey north of the border, Kraft Foods with the help of the National Hockey League, NHL Players Association, and NBC Sports has brought it's "Hockeyville" program to the States! An NHL game & 10 cash prizes for community rink improvements are up for grabs, but it's up to YOU- hockey moms & dads, youth coaches, and players of all ages to show your passion for hockey...
Kraft Hockeyville has been a Canadian hockey community staple for years, revered for it's uniqueness and featured on the famed Hockey Night in Canada. Now it's here below the 49th Parallel, calling the "State of Hockey" to rise up for hockey communities across Central Minnesota and beyond! 10 cash prizes will be awarded to different US rinks starting at $20,000. The $150,000 Grand Prize winning rink will be named Kraft Hockeyville USA 2015 and also have the chance to host an NHL pre-season game this year! So, what do we have to do as community members?
- Between now and March 18th, find & nominate your local Central Minnesota ice rink online at krafthockeyville.com or skip a few steps and CLICK HERE
- Be creative with your submissions to show your local hockey passion, including your stories and photos of why your barn or arena is so deserving!
- If you are 13 year of age or older, you can enter a maximum of 3 nomination stories per email address until March 18th at 10:59PM Central Time. You can nominate the same rink 3 times or multiple arenas.
The Top 10 finalists (5 from the West Category that Minnesota rinks are competing in) will be announced around April 11th for more voting to determine who will be Kraft Hockeyville USA in 2015!
Since this is the first year for this great grassroots effort in the US, the time is now to show your pride and jump in on helping local hockey at all levels! As of today, one week after the website opened for submissions, entries have been very low. Babbitt Ice Arena in Northern Minnesota leads the West Category with 40 nominations so far, and only a handful of teams are next in line with only 10-14 nominations each. Think about it, if every hockey mom/dad on a team or every bantam/midget player writes a nomination...that's 15-20 of 'em right there!
So nominate today & don't forget about our favorite local rinks here in Central Minnesota:
- Sports Arena East...home of the Sauk Rapids Storm
- Municipal Athletic Complex in Saint Cloud
- Bernick's Pepsi Arena...home of the Sartell Sabres
- Herb Brooks National Hockey Center...home of the SCSU Huskies
- Moose Sherritt Ice Arena in Monticello
- Exchange Arena in Little Falls
- Buffalo Civic Center
- Delano Sports Arena
- Saint Michael Albertville Arena
- Princeton Ice Arena
- River Lakes Civic Arena in Richmond
- Sauk Centre Civic Arena
- Koronis Civic Arena in Paynesville
- Willmar Civic Center
- Litchfield Civic Arena
- Burich Arena in Hutchinson
- David C. Johnson Civic Arena in Isanti
- Oscar Kristofferson Ice Rink in Baxter
- Brainerd Area Civic Center
- Runestone Community Center in Alexandria
- Hallett Community Center in Crosby
- Benson Civic Center