What’s The Right Way To Pronounce “Heggies?”
IT COULD POSSIBLY BE THE BEST PIZZA THAT WE ALL MISPRONOUNCE
How do YOU pronounce Heggies? Not that it matters. However you pronounce it, it makes for a great conversation piece while you'r enjoying each and every bite. The flavors, the styles.
WHAT HAVE YOU CALLED IT?
- Hedge EE's: like a hedgehog
- Hay gees: like hay has something to do with it
- Hegg EE's: Ahhh...there ya go.
That's the one. Hegg like Leg. EE like Bee Hegg-ee's.
OTHER INTERESTING THINGS YOU MIGHT WANT TO KNOW ABOUT THEM
- Thank Don and Peggy Hegedus for starting Heggies Pizza in their garage in Onamia back in 1989.
- In the 1990's resorts and bars one by one, started building their business by selling their pizza's; so much that they had to expand their garage.
- In 2001, THE SIX PACK debuts. It has become their best selling pizza. If you haven't had a six pack...you don't know what you're missing. It's a meat lovers paradise.
- People are SO infatuated with Heggies Pizza that they've been known to chase down the truck and ask where they can get some!
- In 2004, Don & Polly decide to retire and sell their business to Shawn Dockter and a group of investors.
- In 2008, Heggies expanded into a brand new facility, giving them plenty of room to store their pizza and grow their business.
- And grow they have. In 2012 they expanded into Iowa and North and South Dakota.
FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THE STORY OF HEGGIES
All of this information came from their website, heggiespizza.com.
You can drive by the plan in Milaca, or even stop by for a tour, and see history in the making!