WE Fest Camping Guide (+ 2018 Changes)
Just a few more days to go until WE Fest 2018! He's some info and reminders to help you plan and make the most of your camping experience -- and we'll see you there!
General Camping Policies
- Campsites are sold by vehicle: one vehicle and one sleeping unit is permitted for each vehicle purchased. A driveable RV is considered both the vehicle and sleeping unit.
- Only one vehicle (one steering mechanism) and one sleeping unit per campsite is allowed. Reminder: A driveable RV is considered both.
- Every attendee wanting to camp at WE Fest must have TWO (2) items: 3-Day Admission ticket and a Camp General Access Pass. Admission types include General Admission, VIP, or any Reserved Seating 3-Day Admission. Single Day tickets are NOT allowed into the campgrounds.
- Electrical is available in a few campgrounds. These electrical spots are in a designated area, and will be assigned upon arrival. Visit Camping Options for details on each of our campground areas.
- Campers are guided to the next available campsite, and there is no way to “save” a campsite. You must arrive together to camp together.
- No one is allowed into the campgrounds without both a Camp Access Pass and a 3-Day Admission pass, whether VIP, Reserved Seating, or General Admission.
- No Refunds or Exchanges.
- Excessive noise is never allowed in any campground, particularly after 2:00 AM.
- All vehicles are subject to searches as they enter and/or are parked in the WE Fest Campgrounds and Parking lots, and/or on the Soo Pass Ranch Venue grounds. If you leave and re-enter, you are subject to search again.
Campers & Campground Party
NEW! Campers may begin to stage their vehicles on the road starting Monday, July 30 at 12:00 PM. Any vehicle arriving prior to that time will not be permitted to park on the shoulder, will be subject to removal, and enforcement action taken by the MN State Patrol. NO EXCEPTIONS.
Vehicles staged on the road after 12:00 PM on Monday, July 30, must be staged on the shoulder of the road and do so at their own risk. Guests must stay within their vehicles and are not permitted to set up camps, chairs, grills, etc. outside of their vehicles. The MN State Patrol and WE Fest Security will be patrolling these areas.
Need to Add Campground Access?
If you are planning to camp or visit the campgrounds, make sure you have camp access included with your admission ticket. If you don’t, call WE Fest at 1-800-4WEFEST and we can add it now. Avoid the lines at the festival and save money by doing this now.
All WE Fest campers are invited to join this year’s Campground Parties at the Barn Stage on Tuesday, July 31, and Wednesday, August 1. Gates open each day at 6:30 PM, with music starting at 7:00 PM.
There will be enhanced security this year; please plan ahead! Expect to be searched (both vehicles and persons) when entering the campgrounds and festival grounds.
- Closely review all allowed and prohibited items HERE – leave prohibited items at home!
- NEW Small Bag Only (see more info HERE) policy in the festival grounds.
- Pay close attention to opening and closing times (especially in the campgrounds).
- Plan for traffic.
- If you see something, say something!
Drinking at WE Fest
If you plan on drinking at WE Fest, you must be over 21 and be wearing an over 21 wristband at all times, including in the campgrounds. Security will be doing ID checks in the campgrounds on Tuesday and Wednesday prior to the festival grounds opening. Once the festival grounds open, stop at any ID Check tent to get your wristband. You must do this prior to visiting a bar; there will be no wristbands given out at the bars.
This year’s Camping Contest theme is Stars, Stripes and Lites-Americana.
Here’s how to enter:
- Decorate your campsite to the theme of Stars, Stripes and Lites-Americana at WE Fest.
- Upload up to three photos of your campsite to Instagram — be sure to tag @WEFestMN and use the required hashtags #ItsMillerTime. All entries must be received by 11:59 PM CT THURSDAY, AUGUST 2.
- NOTE: Your Instagram account must be set to public for your photos to be viewable by our judges.
- After the entry period ends, our judges will select five finalists, notify each one by private message on Instagram, and visit their campsites on Friday, August 3 in the afternoon. After the judges visit each site they’ll confer and pick a Grand Prize winner and two runners-up, who will receive:
GRAND PRIZE: A Miller Lite Prize Pack, a $300 gift card, and four 3-day VIP tickets with Camp Access and one VIP campsite to WE Fest 2019.
SECOND PLACE: A Miller Lite Prize Pack, a $200 gift card, and four 3-day General Admission tickets with Camp Access and one GA campsite to WE Fest 2019.
THIRD PLACE: A Miller Lite Prize Pack, a $100 gift card, and two 3-day General Admission tickets with Camp Access and one GA campsite to WE Fest 2019.
Have a blast at WE Fest 2018! We can't wait to see you there.