Tips for a Great Halloween 2019
TRICK OR TREATERS
- Cross streets at corners, and use traffic signals and crosswalks.
- Make sure to look left, then right, then left again while you're crossing...Just keep looking and be cautious of approaching vehicles that may not be able to see you at night.
- Put electronic devices away, and focus on your surroundings.
- Teach your children to make eye contact with drivers before crossing in front of vehicles.
- Always walk on sidewalks or paths; if they are not available, walk facing traffic as far to the left as possible.
- Watch for vehicles that are turning or backing up, and stay clear. They may not see you.
AT WHAT AGE SHOULD YOU BE TRICK OR TREATING WITH AN ADULT?
Children under the age of 12 should not be trick or treating alone at night without adult supervision. Children should also stick with familiar routes that are well lit, and go in groups.
Of course you want to be creative...but don't forget to be safe. Put safety tape on your costumes, and if possible choose light colors.
Use face paint instead of masks whenever possible. Masks can impair your childs vision.
DRIVERS: PLEASE DRIVE SAFE
Don't forget that it's Halloween. Whether or not your involved, there will be lots of trick or treaters out tonight...be cautious..pay attention and slow down.
You should already be doing this, but please put down the phone. Have no distractions. Turn the radio down....just pay attention. Thank you from every parent in the world.