This Zesty Lemon Pound Cake Tastes Like Spring
A TASTY CAKE TO WELCOME SPRING
This weekend we are hitting the 80's for the first time in Minnesota. I think that's a call for a spring cake celebration. This cake is healthier than many, so hope that you like it; and share it with family and friends.
- 2 3/4 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp butter
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt
- 3 tbsp lemon juice; freshly squeezed is best
- Add as much lemon zest as you like. I love it.
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Spray your loaf pan with non stick baking spray.
- Mix together in a bowl the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate bowl, mix together butter, eggs yogurt, lemon and lemon zest.
- Add the flour mixture slowly to the liquid mixture.
- Add milk as necessary to get rid of lumps and bumps.
- Pour dough in pan and bake for approximately 45-55 minutes, or until the top of your cake feels done. You can also insert a toothpick and if it comes out clean, you're good to go.
TOPPINGS ARE ALL YOU
There are a few different ideas I have for the drizzle. We all know that I love a great powdered sugar drizzle; but I'm going for a healthier option this time. I'm going with Whip cream, and raspberries and/or blueberries on the side.
If you want to drizzle frosting, just mix powdered sugar with milk and vanilla flavoring to your liking, maybe even add a squirt of that left over lemon and drizzle away.