The 10 Commandments of 4th of July at The Lake
1. Thou Shalt Not Do Yard Work
This is not a day for yard work or landscaping projects. If your lake neighbors hear a chainsaw, they will hate you. Mow the day before.
2. Thou Shall Have The Cooler Stocked
Plan ahead and make sure you have enough beverages (and ice!) to stay hydrated throughout the day.
3. Thou Shall Blow Up Thy Own Floatie
The Lord helps those who inflate their own.
4. And on that note, Bring Thy Own Floatie
Or at least text someone and politely ask to borrow one.
5. Honor the Grill Master
Don't micro manage the person manning the grill. They can handle it.
6. Shareth Thy Snacks
Especially if you brought Top the Tater and chips.
7. Wave At All Watercrafts Passing by the Dock, and Vice Versa
Don't be rude on America's birthday. Wave at the neighbors driving by on the pontoon.
8. Thou Shall Wear Sunscreen
It'll make July 5th a much more comfortable day.
9. Be Aware of Firework Launching
Anything that flies or explodes is illegal in Minnesota. Play it safe, and what you do light off be careful about.
10. Display Thy Patriotism
Even a simple American flag at the end of the dock is a nice touch. And don't forget to have fun!