Respect Your Elders: The Best Advice From Gma & Gpa
They've lived a LOT longer than you, so it's likely that they know more than you. A lot more.
Grandparents are great sources of wisdom, even in these times of Googling everything. A good ol' fashioned chat with Gma and Gpa can leave you far wiser than you were before.
Home Health Care Shoppe surveyed some folks, and found the best advice their grandparents gave them. Do you agree?
BEST ADVICE FROM GPA AND GMA
1) Be Thankful
2) Don't Grow Up Too Fast
3) Don't Be Afraid to Fail
4) Write Everything Down
5) You Never Get a Second Chance at a First Impression
6) You Learn More By Shutting Up and Watching
7) Don't Bottle Up Your Emotions
8) If It Doesn't Feel Right, It Isn't Right
9) If You're Not Early, You're Late (Ricky Bobby Edition: If you ain't first, yer last!)
10) Don't Take Family For Granted
That last one really hits home for me. My brother died 15 years ago. A longtime friend of mine died this morning. Never take family for granted.
What was the best advice that you received from your grandparents?
H/T: SWNS Digital