Railroad Crossing Work to Detour Traffic in Baxter This Week
BAXTER (WJON News) -- For drivers who are heading up to the Brainerd Lake area ahead of next weekend's fishing opener, there is a planned detour to be aware of.
The Minnesota Department of Transportation will be closing a section of Highway 371 through Baxter. Starting Monday crews will be making repairs to the Burlington Northern Santa Fe Railroad crossing just south of Highway 210.
It will prompt a detour around the work zone via College Road South, Cypress Drive, and Highway 210.
All lanes should be open by late Thursday night, ahead of the Minnesota Fishing Opener and Mother's Day weekend.
Get our free mobile app
The work and the detour are weather dependent.
READ RELATED ARTICLES
- Lane Closures Starting on Highway 10 in St. Cloud
- Briggs Chain of Lakes Gets Grant for Phosphorous Study
- Road Construction 2023: Stearns County
- Stearns County Household Hazardous Waste Mobile Collections Announced
- Expert: Minnesotans Should Expect Dreadful Mosquito Season
LOOK: TV Locations in Every State
11 Franklin Delano Roosevelt Quotes That Will Give You Hope
LOOK: Most dangerous states to drive in
Stacker used the Federal Highway Administration's 2020 Highway Statistics report to rank states by the fatalities per billion miles traveled.