Osakis Firefighter Hurt While Responding to Silo Fire
OSAKIS (WJON News) -- Authorities are investigating a silo fire that happened near Osakis Saturday.
The Douglas County Sheriff’s Office says deputies and members of the Osakis Fire Department responded to a property in the 13000 block of Cemetery Road Southeast in Orange Township just after 11:30 a.m.
Officials say while the responders were working to put out the flames, the top of the silo blew off and hit two of the fire trucks. One of those trucks was taken out of service because of the damage.
The sheriff’s office says one firefighter was hurt and taken to the hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.
The cause of the explosion remains under investigation.
READ RELATED ARTICLES
- Police ask for public's help as drug overdoses spike in north-central Minnesota
- New ramen shop opens in Waite Park
- Kids ski and learn about Norwegian roots at St. Cloud skiing event
- Poisoned bald eagles nursed back to health, released
- Foundation gives Central Minnesota organizations $90K to improve women's lives
LOOK: What major laws were passed the year you were born?
Data for this list was acquired from trusted online sources and news outlets. Read on to discover what major law was passed the year you were born and learn its name, the vote count (where relevant), and its impact and significance.