Only In Minnesota: Spicy Dorito Chicken Hotdish [RECIPE]
A friend of mine decided to pull a few recipes from Taste of Home, and instead of just sticking with one recipe, created this delicious dish by combining two great recipes, and replacing the boring nacho chips, with the BEST chips in the world; Spicy Doritos.
The only thing that we could have done differently; is NOT count on the recipe to get a Vikings win on Saturday.
The dish...is a winner. Enjoy!
SPICY DORITO CHICKEN HOTDISH
- 2 cups cooked chicken, (salted to taste. We used garlic salt , Salt & pepper to season).
- 1 regular size bag of crushed Spicy Dorito's
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1/4 cup of sour cream
- 1 can of diced tomatoes & green chilis
- (Optional) 1 chopped onion
- (Optional) Sliced Jalapeno peppers
- 2 cups Shredded cheddar cheese
Heat oven to 350. Cook chicken and add seasoning. Mix cream soup, sour cream, tomoatoes and green chilis, 1 cup cheese and optional onion in a bowl. Then add 1/2 bag of crushed Doritos.
Pour into greased baking dish. Bake uncovered for 20-25 minutes. Remove from oven and top with the rest of the crushed Doritos and remaining shredded cheese. Bake for another 10 minutes.
Remove and let cool.
Send us your variations of the recipe to: Kelly@minnesotasnewcountry.com