Make Your Own Pumpkin Bird Feeder
MAKE YOUR OWN PUMPKIN BIRD FEEDER
Isn't this fun? My parents have a bunch of pumpkins in their garden, and three of them made there way to my house. I'm been trying to decide if I want to carve them, draw marker faces on them; or maybe...turn them into bird feeders!
You Do It Suet
- Pumpkins...Not too big...Not too small...up to 10 pounds
- A knife
- Sunflower seeds or other bird food
- Cut the pumpkin in half.
- Scoop out the seeds.
- Insert the skewers from the outside to the other side of the pumpkin carefully so the birds can perch on the them.
- Knot two lengths of rope together at the center. Tack the knot to the bottom of the pumpkin feeder. Hang the other ends of the rope from the location you want to hang the feeder.
- fill the pumpkin with bird seed.
- Hang it up in a great location for viewing.
LISTEN TO KELLY CORDES WEEKDAY MORNINGS ON
"PETE AND KELLY IN THE MORNING"
5:30 - 10:00 AM ON 98.1 MINNESOTA'S NEW COUNTRY.