Here’s Exactly How I Lost 34 Pounds And Stuck To My New Year’s Resolution
This year, I want to get back on track with health and fitness. Three years ago I started working out twice a week and eating healthy and lost over 30 pounds in 3 months. Here's what I did and what I plan to do again this year!
Everyone always asks me how I lost 30 pounds. So, here is exactly what I eat every single week broken down by meal. Now, I want to mention that I'm not a doctor or a nutritionist--this is just what worked for me. I kept it off until getting pregnant too!
*Note that the dessert category should be consumed in moderation. Yes, it's low calorie BUT, it will hinder the speed of your progress.
*My lunches and dinners are pretty interchangeable. But, if I have brown rice or a potato for lunch, I stay away from having it again for dinner.
Another question I usually get is, 'how often do you eat?' That's a great question. Here's my daily schedule--I try to eat every two hours to keep myself from feeling hungry and keep my metabolism running. That's key to losing weight. Usually people tend to overeat once they get hungry or have been depriving themselves. You never want to feel hungry. Obviously, you can tailor the schedule to fit your routine.
I usually get asked if I eat at restaurants at all. The answer is absolutely. Here are the restaurants I frequent and what I order off of the menu.
I've got a few healthy "cooking" hacks for people who really don't like cooking! It's not that I hate cooking by any means, it's that I live a busy life--as do most people. Cooking takes too much time. Here are some tricks I've figured out.
- Buy microwavable brown rice cups. They're at Coborn's, Cash Wise and Walmart for less than $2 for a two pack. I like these because they're easy to bring to work. You pop them in the microwave for one minute and they're done!
- Buy precooked chicken from your grocery store deli. I'll get a rotisserie chicken or two for about $5 at Sam's Club, cut it up and use that in my meals for the week.
- Buy precooked shrimp, it's a time saver. I cook my shrimp in lemon and lime juice and a little garlic salt for about 10 minutes and it's done!
- Stock up on straws and plastic cups. This way, you can take your protein shakes and smoothies with you on the go.
- Cook only using coconut oil or olive oil.
- Never eat any of the 100 calorie packs. They're loaded with fake sugar, sodium and other preservatives that will cause your body to hold on to the fat. Eat a healthy snack instead.
- Never drink soda of any kind and stay away from juice. Juice has almost as much sugar as soda.
- Protein Ball Recipe
- Shrimp Linguine
- Healthy low calorie pizza
- Frozen low-fat whipped cream and strawberries
Good luck! Keep in mind that weight loss is simple...but it's not easy. Move more and take in less calories a day than you burn. If you can do that, you WILL lose weight.