5 Things You Need to Know About MN’s Huge Kites on Ice Festival
Minnesota is a pretty cool place in the winter. Minnesotans actually fly kites while walking on top of water (frozen water that is). The kite festival draws in hundreds of people from all over the state. Check out the 5 things you should know before you go.
1. It's a huge kite festival that happens in Buffalo Minnesota (about 40 miles east of St. Cloud off I-.94. This year it's set for February 8th from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
2. The festival actually takes place on the ice above Buffalo Lake. You'll be able to see kites of all shapes, colors and sizes without having to worry about trees getting in the way.
3. There's a kite building workshop for kids to make kites of their own. You're actually encouraged to fly your own kite during the event if you choose.
4. Enjoy food and beverages for purchase from local food trucks in the area during the event.
5. The event is free to attend and watch. So, don't worry about bringing a kite of your own to fly if you just want to soak it all in and enjoy the view.