5 Things to Know Ahead of SCSU’s National Championship Saturday
St. Cloud State University's Men's Hockey team made school history on Thursday night after they beat Minnesota State-Mankato in the Frozen Four. The score was close the whole game but ultimately SCSU scored the winning 5-4 goal. If you're planning on cheering on the Huskies in their final game, here's everything you need to know.
1. St. Cloud State University is advancing to their school's first-ever National Championship game. They're taking on the University of Massachusetts (UMass as commonly referred to). The game is in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. The winner gets the title.
2. You can watch the game on Saturday, April 10 at 6 p.m. The game will be broadcast on ESPN. If you don't have cable, you can watch it for free after you sign up for a free trial period of either Hulu or fubo TV streaming services. (Just make sure to cancel your subscription before the trial is over to avoid the charge.)
3. If you're in search for some Huskey apparel, you can find it at Scheels located in Crossroads Center in St. Cloud. You can also order it from the official St. Cloud State Huskies online store.
4. Local bars and restaurants that'll be showing the game on TV will be the St. Cloud Blue Line Sports Bar and Grill locations as well as the House of Pizza locations in St. Cloud and Waite Park. You can also hear the game on our sister station River 96.7. (There's no word on whether SCSU is hosting a second viewing party for students).
5. The Hobey Baker Award winner will be announced on Friday, April 9. No one from St. Cloud State University was nominated this year. The finalists are; Matt Boldy, Boston College; Cole Caufield, University of Wisconsin; David Farrance, Boston University; Dylan Holloway, University of Wisconsin; Spencer Knight, Boston College; Jack LaFontaine, University of Minnesota; Dryden McKay, Minnesota State University; Keith Petruzzelli, Quinnipiac University; Shane Pinto, University of North Dakota; and Odeen Tufto, Quinnipiac University.