2017-18’s Best Colleges in Minnesota
U.S. News & World Report have released their 2017-18 list of the best college & universities in the country, and of course -- we chopped it down to the best in Minnesota, because we're all about the Land of 10,000 Lakes.
Minnesota's 2017 Top-25
- Carleton College (Northfield, MN)
- Bethel University (St. Paul, MN)
- St. Catherine University (St. Paul, MN)
- Hamline University (St. Paul, MN)
- Macalester College (St. Paul, MN)
- Augsburg College (Minneapolis, MN)
- University of Minnesota - Crookston (Crookston, MN)
- College of St. Scholastica (Duluth, MN)
- University of Minnesota - Duluth (Duluth, MN)
- St. Mary's University (Winona, MN)
- University of Northwestern (St. Paul, MN)
- North Central University (Minneapolis, MN)
- Crown College (St. Bonifacius, MN)
- Dunwoody College of Technology (Minneapolis, MN)
- St. Olaf College (Northfield, MN)
- Winona State University (Winona, MN)
- University of Minnesota - Twin Cities (Minneapolis/St. Paul, MN)
- Gustavus Adolphus College (St. Peter, MN)
- St. John's University (Collegeville, MN)
- College of St. Benedict (St. Joseph, MN)
- Minnesota State University - Mankato (Mankato, MN)
- Concordia University (St. Paul, MN)
- Bemidji State University (Bemidji, MN)
- University of St. Thomas (St. Paul, MN)
- Concordia College (Moorhead, MN)
St. Cloud State University came in at #27 out of the 36 schools included in the 2017 rankings
The U.S. News ranking system rests on two pillars. The formula uses exclusively statistical quantitative and qualitative measures that education experts have proposed as reliable indicators of academic quality, and it is based on U.S. News' researched view of what matters in education.
Carleton College, which came in at #1 in the state -- finished at a respectable #8 among liberal arts schools nationally.
Go Huskies! Go Gophers! Go Johnnies!